Ask the Swan Specialist
Date: 24 May 2014
There could be several reasons
1. The swans are too young to mate - usually takes 2 years for maturity, but some swans may take longer to mature.
2. The weather patterns this year-cold then hot back to cold may have disrupted the mating season.
3. The swans may have mated without you observing them, but something may have occurred to stop the mating/nesting such as presence of predators or something changing in the habitat. Hopefully, this information is of benefit to you. The Regal Swan
Messages In This Thread
- Swans not mating -- Awwal -- 23 May 2014
- Re: Swans not mating -- The Regal Swan -- 24 May 2014