Ask the Swan Specialist
Date: 27 July 2015
After three months i will be getting my swan back from the vet. She will have a prosthesis leg and foot. I have many questions:
!. Can she be around the other two swans. One of the swans was her mate. Since she has been gone the female from the other pond is now best friends with the male.
2. Can she be safe on land and in the water from predators.
The pond is a half acre and the lake is 3 acres
3. Come winter will she be able to survive with the metal foot
4. If I need a shelter for her, what type. I can keep her in a cove area with a fence but need a expert to tell me what would keep predators out.
Messages In This Thread
- Swan with a prosthesis leg and foot -- David -- 27 July 2015
- Re: Swan with a prosthesis leg and foot -- The Regal Swan -- 28 July 2015