Ask the Swan Specialist

Re: Missing Swans
By:The Regal Swan
Date: 22 November 2015
In Response To: Missing Swans (Rosanne)

Hi Rosanne

Yes, contact the Illinois DNR, the golf course and your homeowners association. If they had anything to do with it, they may deny it. But, if the IDNR had anything to do with it, a degradation permit (public record) had to be issued. So, if you are stonewalled, you need to request under the Freedom of Information Act FOIA any degradation or Mute Swan control on your lake. The National Audubon Society, Ducks Unlimited, Cornell University and other hunting organizations are behind this Mute Swan killing program with state and federal wildlife agencies. They are ignoring science, public, media and lawmaker input to bring back the larger Trumpeter Swans for Trophy Waterfowl hunting purposes. The Regal Swan

Messages In This Thread

Missing Swans -- Rosanne -- 22 November 2015
Re: Missing Swans -- The Regal Swan -- 22 November 2015